Diploma of Civil Construction Management (RII50413)
Diploma of Civil Construction Management (RII50413)
The Diploma of Civil Construction Management is designed for those who are working for civil construction companies or consultancies in contract administration and management, construction management or project management roles.
The Diploma of Civil Construction Management is a nationally recognised, competency based qualification. The Diploma consists of thirteen units of competency based on the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package (RII).
This qualification combines best practice theory with practical examples of workplace application.
Transformed’s team of experienced facilitators have extensive on-the-job experience across a broad range of industries. They offer real world examples to demonstrate how the practical application of theory can deliver outstanding outcomes.
This qualification is delivered flexibly - offering learning with minimal impact on your valuable time. Learning pathways available for completing this qualification include traditional learning pathway, recognition of prior learning (RPL) , a coached / RPL pathway and a distance learning pathway.
This qualification is designed for managers working in Civil Construction who perform tasks that are broad, specialised, complex and technical and include strategic areas and initiating activities. They are responsible for the establishment of the site management systems, plans and policies and are required to demonstrate self-directed application of theoretical and technical knowledge and initiate solutions to technical problems or management requirements.
Transformed offers flexible training and assessment options which allow participants to fit in their training program around work and other commitments. Trsformed offers three flexible learning pathways to enable participants to complete this qualification. They are
1. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Recognition of Current Competency (RCC) Pathway – this pathway involves assessment only, assessing evidence of existing skills and knowledge against the competency standards.
2. Combined Coaching/RPL Pathway – this pathway provides for an up-front assessment of existing skills and knowledge, where it is anticipated that some or all competencies are likely to be achieved via the standard RPL process. An individual coaching plan is developed and a number of one-on-one coaching sessions are scheduled to help address any identified skills gaps. Participants may also need to complete additional assessment activities to supplement their coaching.
3. Distance learning / E-Learning – this pathway provides an interactive online virtual learning environment to train and support participants throughout the duration of their course. The Transformed team will keep in touch every step of the way and guide participants either through training literature, videos and trainer / assessor contact.
Please discuss course delivery options with a Transformed team member. Face to face delivery is available within organisations for groups of 8 or more.
The Diploma of Civil Construction Management involves successful completion of thirteen (13) units made up of:
- five (5) core units, and
- eight (8) elective units of which:
At least one (1) must be chosen from Group A and at least four (4) must come from Group B.
Up to two (2) may come from Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level from this or any other Training Package or accredited course. Units offered by Transformed are below.
- BSBOHS501A Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBWOR502B Ensure team effectiveness
- RIIENV501D Implement and maintain environmental management plan
- RIIQUA501D Implement, monitor and develop quality management plans
- RIIRIS501D Implement and maintain management systems to control risk
Group A Electives
- RIICWM501D Implement civil construction plan
- RIICWM502D Implement civil works maintenance program
Group B Electives
- BSBFIM501A Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBMGT515A Manage operational plan
- BSBPMG521A Manage project integration
- BSBPMG511A Manage project scope
- BSBPMG512A Manage project time
- BSBPMG513A Manage project quality
- BSBPMG514A Manage project costs
- BSBPMG515A Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG516A Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG517A Manage project risk
- BSBPMG518A Manage project procurement
- BSBWOR501B Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- RIICWM503D Prepare civil works cost estimate
- RIICWM504D Prepare civil works bill of quantities
- RIICWM505D Prepare civil works schedule of rates
It is expected that participants in this program will complete their qualification within a twelve month period.
Please discuss course delivery options with a Transformed team member. Course delivery is mainly based on self paced study, however not all units are available via this route.
Diploma of Civil Construction Management is designed for those who are working for civil construction companies or consultancies in the following roles:
- Contract administration
- Construction management
- Project management
There are no pre-requisites for this program however experience in civil construction management or project management is desirable.
Participants are required to undertake a number of assessment activities, including:
- Lodgment of an up-to-date CV;
- Completion of a third party report;
- Various work-based assessment tasks; and
- Completion of written question and answers.
Assessment for the Diploma of Civil Construction Management is against the competency standards within the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package (RII). Participants can expect to spend about 60 hours undertaking assessment tasks.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Assessment by portfolio and interview is available to those with workplace experience in civil construction roles. This approach requires the participant to furnish substantial evidence of civil construction roles. This approach requires a participant to furnish substantial evidence of supervisor and/or management experience along with a signed reference from a team leader or manager
Where to Next
- Advanced Diploma of Civil Construction
Why choose Transformed?
Transformed Pty Ltd is an award-winning specialist management consultancy and Registered Training Organisation (No. 88152) that works with individuals to develop project management, building and construction and and civil construction management skills, and with organisations to enhance their program delivery, strategic procurement and strategic implementation capabilities.
Transformed Pty Ltd is a wholly Australian-owned private company with its head office based in Canberra. Along with strategic partners, Transformed is able to deliver services to its clients locally, nationally and internationally. Transformed provides practical and cost-effective solutions for its clients - be that consulting services or other services including training, coaching, facilitation or provision of professional advice.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact us on: 1300 738 720
Take our self assessment survey
Time poor with lots of relevant experience? No need to attend classes read books or study. Transformed will leverage your existing skills and knowledge via our RPL process. Courses are available via distance learning and self paced study in addition to face to face option.Take Survey Now