Do you want recognition for your project management experience? Ask an AIPM-endorsed Transformed assessor to undertake an obligation free assessment.
We assist in the delivery of outstanding projects across Australia. Find out what some of our clients have to say about the work Transformed has performed.
Training and skills
Diploma of Civil Construction Management (RII50409)
The Diploma of Civil Construction Managementis designed for those who are working for civil construction companies or consultancies in contract administration, construction management or project management roles.
The Diploma of Civil Construction Managementis a nationally recognised, competency based qualification. The Diploma consists of thirteen units of competency based on the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package (RII09).
This qualification combines best practice theory with practical examples of workplace application.
Transformed’s team of experienced facilitators have extensive on-the-job experience across a broad range of industries. They offer real world examples to demonstrate how the practical application of theory can deliver outstanding outcomes.
This qualification is delivered flexibly - offering learning with minimal impact on your valuable time. Learning pathways available for completing this qualification include traditional learning pathway, recognition of prior learning (RPL) / recognition of current competence (RCC) pathway, a coached / RPL pathway and a distance learning pathway.
This qualification is designed for managers working in Civil Construction who perform tasks that are broad, specialised, complex and technical and include strategic areas and initiating activities. They are responsible for the establishment of the site management systems, plans and policies and are required to demonstrate self-directed application of theoretical and technical knowledge and initiate solutions to technical problems or management requirements.
Transformed offers flexible training and assessment options which allow participants to fit in their training program around work and other commitments. Trsformed offers three flexible learning pathways to enable participants to complete this qualification. They are
1. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Recognition of Current Competency (RCC) Pathway – this pathway involves assessment only, assessing evidence of existing skills and knowledge against the competency standards.
2. Combined Coaching/RPL Pathway – this pathway provides for an up-front assessment of existing skills and knowledge, where it is anticipated that some or all competencies are likely to be achieved via the standard RPL process. An individual coaching plan is developed and a number of one-onone coaching sessions are scheduled to help address any identified skills gaps. Participants may also need to complete additional assessment activities to supplement their coaching.
3. Distance learning / E-Learning – this pathway provides an interactive online virtual learning environment to train and support participants throughout the duration of their course. The Transformed team will keep in touch every step of the way and guide participants either through training literature, videos and trainer / assessor contact. There are online staff rooms so that learners can meet with their trainers to discuss and share work.
Please discuss course delivery options with a Transformed team member. Face to face delivery is available within organisations for groups of 8 or more.
The Diploma of Civil Construction Management involves successful completion of thirteen of the following units consisting of six core units and seven elective units.
- BSBOHS509A Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBWOR502A Ensure team effectiveness
- RIIENV501A Implement and maintain environmental management plan
- RIIQUA501A Implement, monitor and develop quality management plans
- RIIRIS501A Implement and maintain management systems to control risk
- RIICWM501A Implement civil construction plan
- RIICWM502A Implement civil works maintenance program
- BSBCUS501A Manage quality customer service
- BSBFIM501A Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBHRM506A Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
- BSBINM501A Manage an information or knowledge management system
- BSBINN502A Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBLED501A Develop a workplace learning environment
- BSBMGT515A Manage operational plan
- BSBMGT516A Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPMG501A Manage application of project integrative processes
- BSBPMG502A Manage project scope
- BSBPMG503A Manage project time
- BSBPMG504A Manage project costs
- BSBPMG505A Manage project quality
- BSBPMG506A Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG507A Manage project communications
- BSBPMG508A Manage project risk
- BSBPMG509A Manage project procurement
- BSBWOR501A Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBWRK509A Manage industrial relations
- LGACOM401A Administer contracts
- LGAWORK501A Prepare preliminary design for operational works
- LGAWORK502A Prepare detailed works project documentation
- LGAWORK503A Undertake project investigation
- MSL925001A Analyse data and report results
- MSL975007A Supervise earthworks inspection, sampling and testing operations
- MSL975016A Perform complex tests to measure engineering properties of materials
- RIIBHD501A Manage blast hold drilling operations
- RIIBLA401A Manage blasting operations
- RIIBLA601A Design surface blasts
- RIICWD503A Prepare work zone traffic management plan
- RIICWM503A Prepare civil works cost estimate
- RIICWM504A Prepare civil works bill of quantities
- RIICWM505A Prepare civil works schedule of rates
- RIIRAI502A Implement site plant and resource management plan
- RIISAM501A Implement and maintain the site plant, equipment and infrastructure maintenance plan
Please note that not all electives are available via distance learning / online. Please discuss your preferred selection of electives with Transformed before enrolling.
It is expected that participants in this program will complete their qualification within a twelve month period.
Please discuss course delivery options with a Transformed team member. Course delivery is mainly based on self paced study, however not all units are available via this route. Face to face delivery is available within organisations for groups of 8 or more.
Diploma of Civil Construction Management is designed for those who are working for civil construction companies or consultancies in the following roles:
- Contract administration
- Construction management
- Project management
There are no pre-requisites for this program however experience in civil construction management or project management is desirable.
Participants are required to undertake a number of assessment activities, including:
- Lodgment of an up-to-date CV;
- Completion of a third party report;
- Various work-based assessment tasks; and
- Completion of written question and answers.
Assessment for the Diploma of Civil Construction Management is against the competency standards within the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package (RII09). Participants can expect to spend about 60 hours undertaking assessment tasks.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Assessment by portfolio and interview is available to those with workplace experience in civil construction roles. This approach requires the participant to furnish substantial evidence of civil management experience along with a signed reference from a team leader or manager
Where to Next
- Advanced Diploma of Civil Construction
Email us at: email@example.com
Or contact us on: 1300 738 720